Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Day

I used to think that being a kid on Christmas was the best thing every but it turns out that having kids on Christmas is even better!

The tree was twinkling, Santa had visited and it was about 7:30am when Colton came running into my room to wake me up with so much excitement that I didn't mind that I was being ripped from my nice warm bed.  He of course wanted to wake up his little brother immediately but we made him wait just a little while so he snuggled up on the couch to watch cartoons.  At 8am we gave him the go ahead and he ran into his Mason's room to wake him up.  It didn't take long for Mason to spring out of bed and for the two of them to come running down the stairs.  Frankie and I knew we couldn't hold them off any longer, it was time to open presents.  They ripped through their presents, showing so much excitement with each one they opened (except the clothes, cause really who wants clothes for Christmas).  Once the presents were all opened it was time for a delicious breakfast and then several hours of playing with our new toys.  Relaxing and not being rushed Christmas Morning, staying in our jammies until lunch and just spending time together is what it is all about if you ask me. 



 


Christmas afternoon/evening was spent at my parents house with my siblings.  We enjoyed a delicious lasagna dinner (which wasn't as amazing as my lasagna usually is because my dad thought we should try the noodles you don't have to boil first - Ha, not my specialty).  We played several rounds of my new Cards Against Humanity game that Santa brought me and we of course opened more presents!  It was a wonderful Christmas day filled with laughter, love and plenty of relaxation!  Wouldn't want it any other way.  The boys and I ended our Christmas night with a slumber party in Mommy's bed! 



No comments:

Post a Comment