Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Snowballs, Slipping and Sliding!

Last weekend the weather was way too nice to stay locked up indoors so the boys and I decided to get outside and enjoy some of this Minnesota Winter.  We started with just playing in the yard, building snow blocks for our snow fort and clearing the driveway (I tried to clear it while Mason emptied his dump truck full of snow back onto the driveway - he sure is helpful).  Before long the neighbor kids had joined us and our fun had turned into a full force snowball fight... the four them against ME!  I did not win.  After our Epic (Colton's new favorite word) Snowball Fight we decided to grab the sleds and head over the fire hall to enjoy some slipping and sliding on their nice big hill!  The kids had a blast. This was Mason's first time going sledding and he did it all on his own... jumped in the sled and flew down the hill like a pro!  Sure no big deal, my baby doens't need his mama. I will just sit back here and cry for a while!!  Colton and his friends raced down the hill over and over again and from time to time he even stopped to take enjoy a ride with his little brother.  We spent about an hour sledding and let me tell you, the fresh air wore us out!  All three of us slept great that night!  I always say I hate winter and for the most part I do (bundling up takes forever, boots and snow gear all over the entry way at all times, wasting gas letting the car run 15 minutes before going anywhere - what's not to love) but days like this make me realize why we have not moved out of this stupid state.










1 comment:

  1. Your baby needs his mama...just maybe not for sledding. ;) Sounds like you had a really fun day! If we have to live with cold winters, might as well learn to enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete