Sunday, January 24, 2016

Perfect Winter Weekend

So the past couple weeks have been terribly cold and we haven't really done much because well the air was just painful.  This weekend was a perfect Minnesota Winter weather weekend and the boys and I made the most of it! 

Friday night we met their cousins and Auntie Melissa at a local community center for a couple hours of water fun.  The boys had a great time swimming, hitting the water slides and jumping off the high dive over and over again!  We even had a couple firsts for the boys.... Colton jumped off a high dive for the first time and Mason went down a big body slide all by himself for the first time (he was finally tall enough)!  The boys were exhausted after 2 hours of swimming and all three of us were in bed by 9:30.


Saturday we started the morning with me getting a haircut (it was finally time to get rid of all the damage/split ends) and the boys spent a little time with their Grandma.  Then we decided to enjoy a little ice fishing as the weather was so nice.  We even took Colton's best friend Mitchell with us this time.  We didn't can't any fish but we still had a lot of fun.    On the way home from the lake Colton convince me that Mitchell needed to sleep over, couldn't argue with him at all.  We headed home and decided to grill out for dinner!  Yup, that's right, I grilled us some amazing steaks in January!  


 Sunday morning we woke up and enjoyed a big breakfast together and then it was off to church/Sunday School.  Afterwards we hit Sam's Club to order Mason's birthday cake and then made another stop to get Mason's hair cut.  Once home I did a quick photo shoot with Mason (he turns 5 in two days so I had to get in a little photo shoot)!  And then it was time to get on our winter gear and head over the fire hall for some sledding and snowboarding.  We were at the hill for over an hour, the weather was just too perfect to go back indoors.  Colton is getting quite good at snowboarding and he makes it look easy that I thought I would give it a try... ha, I was quickly reminded that I am way too old to be doing that!







We ended our night with dinner and finished up Mason's first research project.  Yup, he is in Pre-K and they had to do a research project on the animal of their choice.  Mason and I are now experts on Komodo Dragons in case you every need some information on that animal. 

This was truly such a great weekend.  I got to spend every minute of it with my boys and we weren't rushed or stressed to do anything.  We just did what we wanted when we wanted!  I wish every weekend could be like this, sometimes like gets so crazy so when I get a weekend that isn't completely booked up and we can just make last minute plans I get excited cause that is how life should be - so much more fun when you aren't always rushing to the next big event!

No comments:

Post a Comment