Friday, January 16, 2009

Whether the weather be fine, whether the weather be not, we'll weather the weather, whether we like it or not!

What is going on with this weather! I know we live in Minnesota but come on! When I get in my car in the morning and the temperature gauge says -24 it makes me want to move to the equator. I am not sure how much longer I can take it and they say a warm up is on the way but by warm up they mean highs in the teens.... that is not warm people!!! But we are surviving. We are spending lots of time at home just hanging out, playing toys, coloring and watching cartoons! Colton has an amazing imagination all of a sudden which makes playing with him so much fun! It also make bedtime a struggle... we have hit the "there are monsters in my closet" phase. But after mommy and daddy come to the rescue and we search the entire room for monsters he is ready to get back in his big boy bed and go to sleep! He is such a good kid I am still not sure how we got so lucky! He also sings his ABC's - which totally caught me off guard the first time he did it ( I had no idea he knew them - he learns so much at school). And we are still working on Potty Training... he went number two on the potty tonight which was quite the event in our house! We all started cheering and giving high fives, he thought it was pretty cool! We decided two weeks ago no more diapers, so we have big boy underwear (and pull ups for bed time and when we leave the house). Colton is still not a big fan of using his potty but hopefully after a few more celebrations like tonight he will start to think he is pretty cool!
Other than that not much new in our house. We are starting to get excited about our trip to Dauphin Island in February. Frankie is so excited to go Deep Sea Fishing and to take Colton fishing down on the pier. I am just excited to be relaxing in temps above zero and to wake up every morning to the sound of waves crashing on the beach!! Well I think that gets you caught up on our totally exciting life. I need to get to bed so I can get up early on a Saturday to work.... I am picking up some extra hours at Red Wing Shoes this weekend! Oh yeah one more thing, we now have 2 cats living with us. We are watching my cousins cats while he is gone for a couples months. When the idea first came up I thought this will be fun... but they have been here for about 4 hours and one of them (Lily) has not come out from under our spare bed the entire time and the other (Lexi) is trying to explore but our dog will not leave her alone! He has been running around the house like he is high for the past 4 hours just trying to get the cat to play with him... as if that is what the cat really wants to do! It is going to be a long weekend... hopefully by Monday Sampson will realize that it is just a cat and he will lay down and relax. Seriously.. what was I thinking?

Sampson and Lexi having a stare down - Lexi won! Sampson is an 85 pound baby!


Colton and Sammy have been best buds lately, although Colton wants Sammy to play with him and Sammy just usually lays on the couch and ignores him!



Colton loves his baths... and check out the video below and you will see just what I am talking about with a good imagination!

3 comments:

  1. Okay first of all, I have to say the video is wicked cute. It has been so long since I have seen all of you I forgot what Frankie sounded like. Ha ha ha, My second thing is I warned you about those cats. I am anxiously awaiting the all the posts that I know will come surrounding them. I will enjoy everyone of them because Lily is a chicken and hides from everything and Lexi is psycho, so there ya have it. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I'm trying to catch up on my blogs, and holy crap you write often. It may take me a week to get caught up on your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I gotta say, I love the videos. They made me laugh so much. That little boy is so cute.

    ReplyDelete