Sunday, July 15, 2012

Girls Weekend 2012

I am truly blessed to have some of the most amazing girlfriends in my life!  We all met in college... and 13 years later we are still best of buds!  There may be months in between seeing some of them some times but when we get together it is like we never missed a beat!  A few years back we decided we needed a girls weekend every summer... no kids, no husbands, just us girls and good times!  Well this weekend was Girls Weekend 2012.  We rented a little cabin on a 11.5 acre private island on Lake O'Dowd in Shakopee, MN!  We had to paddle over the island which was quite the adventure in itself because even though we were told to pack lightly we had enough crap with us to stay for about a week (it took many trips back and forth, my arms got quite the workout)!  It was a small 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom cabin and it worked perfect!  There were walking trails all over the island and we found a great spot to get into the water for an afternoon of laying on floaties while enjoying drinks and snacks!  Total there were 7 of us that stayed on the island.  We were missing one as she just had a baby a few weeks back and 3 days away from her newborn would have been a little challenging.  She was however able to meet us for dinner Friday night which was amazing and she brought her beautiful baby girl with so we all got in some great snuggle time!  All in all it was a wonderful weekend filled with great company and lots of belly laughs!  I love you girls and I am already counting down the days to Girls Weekend 2013!


  

















3 comments:

  1. One word...Jealous!
    So important to have good girlfriends! Looks like you all had a blast :) Love the color coordination in the last few photos, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Color Coordination was not planned... but did work out quite well! We had a great time and yes I agree that good girlfriends are important (and time away from the kids, the hubby and the house is just as important)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful weekend, complete with a lot of good laughs! I am so thankful that Alicia and Angela introduced me to you all, and more importantly that you all welcomed me into your group as if I were one of you. I may miss the Winona references, but I always have such a great time and am glad to call you my friends!

    And thanks for all your rowing! :)

    ReplyDelete