Monday, July 23, 2012

My little ride warrior!

Colton and I were lucky enough to spend our entire Sunday at Valleyfair.  My cousin Eric (Uncle Eric to Colton) also joined us for the day.  This was Colton's first time and I was a little nervous if it would not be worth the money (although I am a season ticket holder and it was bring a friend Sunday so he got in for only $19.99).  Colton is just over 48" and he is finally tall enough to go on almost all of the rides so I felt this was a good time to take him (the few he can't get on yet are ones that I don't mind skipping - Power Tower)!!  We started out slow - Antique Cars (which he thought were awesome cause he got to drive all by himself - and made Mommy ride in the back seat), The Monster and a few kiddie rides.  Then all of a sudden he was ready for big kid rides... he picked the Mad Mouse and loved it although about halfway through when he noticed there was another big drop coming up and he yelled out - "Oooooh Shit"!  I just laughed cause he said exactly what I was thinking!!  Then we headed to the waterpark to cool off - we floated on the lazy river for a while and then played in the wave pool which Colton though was more than awesome!  After the waterpark it was back to big kid rides... Tilt A Whirl, Thunder Canyon, Mad Mouse again, The Wave (several times in a row) and then we got him on the Corkscrew.  He was more than willing to go on the corkscrew as he saw the initial hill and decided that it wasn't too high for him, however as we were in line he said he didn't want to do any loopty loops - I ensured him this one just went "around".  He decided that was okay so away we went.  I wish I had a picture of him on this ride... he was so tiny in the seat with the overhead harness that he didn't even show up in the photo that they took of us on the ride!  Needless to say he liked the ride... the height and the loops didn't even scare him the problem was that his head bounced around and hit the sides of the shoulder bar becuase of his height.... he justs needs to be a bit taller to really enjoy that one I think!  Lastly we played a few games and he won a stuffed animal (cause he needs more of those).   We spent 8 hours at the park and were all more than ready to get home and in bed after our long day of heat and rides!

I of course did not carry my camera in the park... I did however have my phone so I was able to capture a few pictures from Colton's first trip to Valleyfair!  The quality isn't great but at least we have some pics!


  



No comments:

Post a Comment