Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

The boys and I spent the long holiday weekend at the lake with my parents, my brother and my good friend Angela!  We arrived at the lake Thursday around lunch time and the relaxing began (of course, we had to first unload the van in the 100 degree temps and high humidity - I have tried to block that part of the vacation out of my memory)!  We spent the weekend swimming, tanning, going for pontoon rides, reading, watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, going for golf cart rides, playing at the playground, catching frogs, napping, eating (there is always way too much eating when on vacation) and of course just hanging out!  The highlight of the weekend was Saturday when the campground hosted all kinds of activities including the 4th of July Campground parade (where kids and adult decorates their bikes/golf carts/four wheelers/themselves and parade around the campground), followed by ice cream and bingo, then campground potluck, Texas Hold 'Em Tournament and ended the evening with an outdoor movie which we didn't last at very long due to the mosquitoes.  It was a great weekend which went by way too fast.  I got a little picture happy on Saturday so I will do my best to narrow it down but that will be very tough!  Hope you all had a Happy and Safe Independence Day!



  
























No comments:

Post a Comment