Friday, August 24, 2012

20 Things a Mother Should Tell Her Son


I read this today and knew it was something I needed to remember.... 20 Things a Mother Should Tell Her Son!!

1. You will set the tone for the sexual relationship, so don't take something away from her that you can't give back.

2. Play a sport. It will teach you how to win honorably, lose gracefully, respect authority, work with others, manage your time and stay out of trouble. And maybe even throw or catch.  (I played sports and I never learned how to lose gracefully, I HATE losing actually and dont handle it well most of the time, but hopefully my boys will learn that trait and not take after their mom.)

3. Use careful aim when you pee. Somebody's got to clean that up, you know. (So far so good on this one, Colton rarely misses the toilet, one trained - one to go!)

4. Save money when you're young because you're going to need it some day.

5. Allow me to introduce you to the dishwasher, oven, washing machine, iron, vacuum, mop and broom. Now please go use them.

6. Pray and be a spiritual leader.

7. Don't ever be a bully and don't ever start a fight, but if some idiot clocks you, please defend yourself.

8. Your knowledge and education is something that nobody can take away from you.

9. Treat women kindly. Forever is a long time to live alone and it's even longer to live with somebody who hates your guts.

10. Take pride in your appearance.

11. Be strong and tender at the same time.

12. A woman can do everything that you can do. This includes her having a successful career and you changing diapers at 3 A.M. Mutual respect is the key to a good relationship.

13. "Yes ma'am" and "yes sir" still go a long way.

14. The reason that they're called "private parts" is because they're "private". Please do not scratch them in public. (I know too many adults who were obviously never told this!)

15. Peer pressure is a scary thing. Be a good leader and others will follow.

16. Bringing her flowers for no reason is always a good idea. (Obviously Frankie was told this cause he has brought me flowers for no reason.)

17. Be patriotic.

18. Potty humor isn't the only thing that's humorous.

19. Please choose your spouse wisely. My daughter-in-law will be the gatekeeper for me spending time with you and my grandchildren.

20. Remember to call your mother because I might be missing you!  (They better call once they leave home cause I already know I will be lost without them)

I feel there is just one thing missing from this list... Tell them "I Love You".  The more they hear that the more they will be willing to use those same words (and actually mean it) later in life!  I love you to the moon and back Colton and Mason and will do my best to make sure you grow up to be fine young men.

2 comments:

  1. Ok I must be a little emotional this morning because I've read two blog updates so far and they've both made me tear up. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too funny, this kinda made me want to cry a little too (just the idea of my boys growing up and leaving me makes me want to crawl into bed and pretend time is standing still)!!

      Delete