Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Happy New Year!

Well we are 3 days into 2012 and I am still sick! Not a great start to a new year but hopefully things will turn around soon! We spent New Years Eve at my parents house again this year. Frankie was the chef for the evening making quite the spread as always. This years menu included Mac and Cheese Bites, Jalepeno Poppers and Shrimp Cocktail as appetizers and Prime Rib, Twice Baked Potatoes and giant Lobster Tails for the main course! They closed out the night with Creme Brulee and Pineapple/Starwberry Angel food cake. I don't have many pictures becuase well I didn't feel good, but my mom did snap a few for me! Everyone seemed to really enjoy the food, wish I could have becuase it looked amazing! I was sleeping by about 9:30 while everyone else partied it up until midnight (and some much much longer). We left my parents house around 12:30, made a stop at Walgreens for some meds for me and then headed home. My mom kept the boys so I was able to sleep in on New Years Day - I slept until noon which is something I haven't done since college. I thought I was feeling better by Sunday night but today I still feel like crap - this is the cold that just will not go away!

New Years also brought some great news for our friends Alicia and Dan as they welcomed their newest addition to their family on New Years Eve morning and my cousin Brian and his wife Lindsey as they welcomed their daughter into the world on New Years Day! Congrats to both families, can't wait to meet both the little ones which is another reason that I need to get feeling better and very soon! Here's to hoping 2012 turns around soon as we have so much to look forward this year. Happy New Year Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, can Mason get ANY cuter? I don't think so. :) Sounds like it was a lovely New Years, though bummer that you weren't feeling well. Thank goodness for grandparents, huh? Hope you are starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete