Friday, January 13, 2012

I guess he calls the shots now...

Yesterday after basketball practice I told Colton we were going to stop at Great Clips so he could get a hair cut as his hair style was starting to look a little homely! He immediately rebutted with "No Mom, I don't want to cut my hair. I want to a Mohawk!". Yah, like that is going to happen. When we got to Great Clips the stylist pulled up his name in the computer and said "the same as usual?", which is a number 2 buzz all the way around, super simple and no styling involved for me. Before I could even mutter a syllable Colton responded with " I want a Mohawk". I looked at the lady with what I thought was a 'that is not happening' look in my eyes and she responded with "Maybe a Fohawk, #2 in back and on the sides?". I answered with "Sure that sounds good". Wait, what just happened, did my child just start calling the shots around here? I think so. Once she was done cutting she used some "Spiker" gel to create her masterpiece when Colton suddenly realized that it was not the same kind of gel that his daddy uses and informed me that he needs to buy some of that for his Mohawk. I informed him "NO" and this time I was going to win (and I did). We will see how many days he actually gets up early enough to do his hair before I buy him his own hair gel. Seriously, what has happened here? He is 5 not 15 - where did my baby go? All I can say is he looks pretty darn cute with his new haircut, everything else about the experience I am still trying to compute!

1 comment:

  1. Sooo cute! I like his style. ;) Just wait until he asks for a tattoo or a piercing. Seriously though, he's adorable.

    ReplyDelete