Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Current Loves

So I think it is time for a random blog post and I have the perfect topic... my current loves!!

*  Of course my boys top this list.  They are both growing and changing so much everyday and it is so much fun to watch.  They have become the best of friends over the past couple months and when one is gone the other is usually bored and lost without his buddy. 

* Family Dinners.  Now that I off work at a reasonable time every day(unlike when I was working overtime almost every night and wasn't home until 6pm or later) and Frankie has gotten himself on a pretty good schedule at work we actually have family dinners several nights a week which is awesome.  It is great to actually make a nice home cooked meal, turn off the TV and just sit down and hang out as a family over dinner, I am hoping it is something we can continue for a long time to come. 

* Generic Diapers!  So with Colton we never used anything but Huggies or Pampers because our baby deserved only the best.  Well of course with Mace we still feel that our baby deserves the best but realized that when it comes to diapers Generic are the way to go, Target Brand to be exact.  We have a huge case of Huggies that we are trying to use up just because we don't want to waste but they suck compared to Target Brand.  If we don't pay attention and put him to bed in a pair of Huggies it is almost a guarantee that he will be soaked through my morning but with the generics that rarely happens. 

*  Down Time.  Now that the craziness of Halloween is over I am enjoying some down time. October was a crazy busy month for us so a couple upcoming weekend with little plans is exactly what I need!

*  Scramble with Friends.  I just can't get enough of this silly world game on my phone.  Although I do think I might have a few too many games started (I think I have 17 games going right now) and so if I am playing a game with you and I don't make my move right away it is because I am out of coins!   Why do I let myself get sucked into this games?!?!

*  Blogging.  I have been obsessed with wanting to blog and even more to read other peoples blogs.  I find myself stalking complete strangers and their blogs.  I hope I am not alone in this weird way of passing time.  

*  TV Shows: Breaking Amish, Big Bang Theory (I cannot get enough Sheldon), Two and Half Men (with Charlie, hate the ones with Ashton), Restaurant Impossible, Diners, Drive Inns and Dives, Long Island Medium... just to name a few of my obsessions of stupid shows we watch once the kids are in bed.  

*  Hot Chocolate K-Cups.   I am not a coffee drinker but the very idea that I can have an instant glass of that piping hot chocolate at moments notice just makes the world seem better!  And now that we have a Keurig at work I can't wait to get there and get my morning started - seriously how sad is that?!

*  Food.  I always seem to go through phases with what I eat... new faves include Potato Corn Chowder and Club Sandwich from Eddington's,  Buffalo Ranch Chicken Sub from Subway or Spicy Chicken and Pepperoni Pizza from Cheeta Pizza.  Yes all these places are by my work and my fall backs for when I am too lazy to pack a lunch (which has been quite a bit lately).

*  Pinterest.  I spend many of my lunch breaks getting completely lost on Pinterest.com, usually searching for new dinner/snack/dessert ideas, photography tips and ideas, crafts that the boys and I can do and whatever else I can find that interests me (which is just about everything on that site)!

* Hank.  Although I have now had my van for almost 6 months and the newness should be wearing off I am still so much in love with him.  I remember when I used to say I would NEVER drive a minivan but I now realize I had no idea what I was talking about.  I think even when both my boys are off at college I will still be driving around a mini van.  They are truly amazing and I do believe everyone should give them a try... once you have one you will never go back!

*  Photography.   So I have always had an obsession with taking pictures but lately it has gotten completely out of control.  I love my camera, by far one of the best purchases we have ever made.   I have also found myself wasting all together too much time editing pictures thanks to my friend Lisa who introduced me to Picmonkey.com.  I am taking another photography class this Saturday which I seriously cannot wait for.  The class is called Digital Photography: Beyond the Automatic Settings and is taught by Aileen Leigh Cavaleir Krzos who is a documentary, portrait and fine art photographer.  I am very excited to see what she can teach me during our 7 hour class.  I also have a long list of items I want to purchase to support my crazy photography obsession like Photo Shop Element 10, A Macro Lens, a Tripod, ect!!

Okay I think that is enough for this random post.  I will leave you with just one picture from a little photo shoot I did last month, I know you thought maybe you were going to a picture free post from me but I will tell you right now that I doubt that will ever happen!!


4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Mandy, that picture is brilliant and so adorable! Nice work! Did you see someone else do that or think it up on your own? Very cute.

    I'm super excited for the class this weekend too!

    Oh, and you're not alone - I read strangers' blogs all the time. I even started dreaming that I was hanging out with one of them, because I know her life so well now. But it's fun to read about other people's lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that I am not alone in stalking strangers via their blog! And no I did not come up with that photo idea, stole it from Pinterest!! See you on Saturday - hope we learn all kinds of awesome things at our class! Also, guess what I just heard. Ritz Camera in Woodbury is closing, guess we got those other classes in just in time!

      Delete
  2. I love this and I might steal the idea. Your list of TV shows kills me because even though we don't watch those specific shows (except DDD) I'm also obsessed with TV hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just needed a post that wasn't all about my boys and our crazy life... this seemed like a great way to do that! Plus might be fun to look back in a few year and see what I was obsessing about at this time in my life! I say steal away... I love reading what others are loving or doing these days... pretty much I just blog stalk people all day long via their blogs so beware!

      Delete