Sunday, November 18, 2012

My Holiday Helper

Meet Alvin, also called Alfie, my little helper for the Holiday Season!
Today while the boys and I took nice long afternoon naps Frankie ran to the store to get us an Elf on the Shelf.  He placed him on the entertainment center and waited for the boys to notice he was there.  Colton has been talking about the Elf on the Shelf for a while now cause he heard about him from friends. I have wanted to get on the last couple years. Last night I told Colton I was going to ask Santa to send me an elf to help me watch the boys to see if  they are being good or bad... mostly because Colton has been one sassy little 6 yr old lately.  Well while I was doing dishes tonight I heard "MOM, MOM, MOM" being yelled from the basement. I ran down there to see what was wrong and I saw Colton sitting on the couch starring at the Elf on the Shelf.... almost as if he was thinking "Oh shit, how long as that guy been here and what has he seen"!  I said "Wow, I wonder where he came from?" to which Colton immediately responded "You asked Santa for him that is why he is here!"  Colton then proceeded to tell me that now he has to be really good so the elf doesn't give Santa any bad reports!  This is going to be the best purchase we have ever made.  Tonight before bed we read story about the Elf on the Shelf and we gave our elf a name, his name is Alvin but we will also call him Alfie!  Now I am off to move Alfie to his new location for tomorrow (in case you don't know the story the elf runs back to the North Pole every night to give his report to Santa and then when he comes back he hangs out in a new spot and the kids have to find him in the morning)!!  This is going to be a fun new Berberena Christmas tradition.

1 comment:

  1. I have been hearing about the Elf on the Shelf tradition/story over the last couple of years and wanted to do it, but have been lazy. And now that Gus is actually old enough to get it, oh goodness, this sounds so awesome. I think we have to do it. :) Thanks for the reminder Mandy, I laughed out loud at your description of Colton all slack-jawed and worried about how long the elf had been there... WATCHING HIM. Absolutely hilarious.

    ReplyDelete