Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Crazy..... yup!

So tonight I should be sitting on a beach in Jamaica but life through one hell of a curve ball and plans changed.  Six months ago when we booked our trip to Jamaica I said I wanted to lose some weight and be in a bikini by the time we went.  Well the last 6 months I have lost the weight I wanted to (some due to stress/depression and loss of appetite and some due to hard work) and I feel comfortable in a bikini which is something I never thought I would say again after having kids!  However with Jamaica cancelled it all seemed like a waste, yes I have been having my own pity party this last week as the date got closer and closer.  But I decided to make the most of it and not let a cancelled trip stop me from enjoying a blended drink in my bikini while soaking up some rays from the sun!  

In case you never knew before, I am crazy!  I know this so you don't have to tell me (which I know that was going to be your first line of your comment on this post).  But I also think that this side of me is what helps to keep life interesting.   I am always one to try something new, to go on a new adventure, to do something that most would say "NO WAY" to and I am working hard to accept that life may not always take the path we thought it should but in the end it might be the path that we were meant to take.  So I guess I wasn't meant to be sitting on a white sandy beach tonight with a cocktail however I do feel that there are adventures in my future that will take place because this one did not.  

* Sidenote: Photo was taken using the timer on my camera so no one else had to witness this craziness.  Although if my neighbors were home I am sure they uttered the words "WTF" when they saw me sprinting back into the house!!

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome even if it's not a warm, sandy beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! You look so great, and I'm glad you could have a little fun with unfortunate circumstances. I predict many fabulous adventures and trips in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I feeaking love you girl.

    ReplyDelete