Thursday, January 29, 2015

Future Fire Fighters

One thing that both my boys look forward to every week is Thursday nights because that is our Cub Scout night.  I am the Den Leader for our den again this year and once again having a blast with my cub scout boys.  Mason doesn't get to join us every week as some weeks we just have too much to do and I can't be trying to keep him entertained but tonight we had set up a tour of our local Fire Station so Mason got to join in on the fun!  The boys were so excited for our tour.  We started with a little fire safety talk with one of the local fire fighters (who also happens to be my co-den leader).  Then we toured the station, went out for a ride in the Fire Trucks, washed the truck after our rides, practiced dragging a 185 pound dummy as if we were rescuing it from a fire and even got to try on the fire fighter gear.  Both my boys had a great time and I have to admit I had a lot of fun too.  









No comments:

Post a Comment