Saturday, January 31, 2015

World's Toughest Rodeo

Well being a farm girl at heart still (you can remove the girl from the farm but you can't remove the farm from the girl) I was very excited when our Cub Scout Pack decided that a trip to the rodeo would be a good idea!  We had 8 Scouts that wanted to go to the World Toughest Rodeo so we ordered tickets for them and parents and siblings and prepared ourselves for a good time.  The boys were invited to come to Cowboy Camp prior to the show where they would get to ride a pony, learn to lasso, ride a bull (fake of course) and get autographs from a few cowboys and rodeo clowns!  The boys had a blast at Cowboy Camp and a few of us parents/leaders joined in the fun as well.  I mean, can you really pass up an opportunity to learn to lasso from a real cowboy!  Once Cowboy Camp was over we found our seats and enjoy some food before the show started.  Once the lights when down in the arena the boys lit up with excitement.  And then the flag dropped and everyone of our Scouts Saluted immediately, talk about making a Den Leader Proud!  And then the announcer led the entire stadium in prayer, something I had never seen a public event like this but have to say that I thought it was amazing.  Then the show begin, bareback riders, saddle back broncos, barrel racing and of course bull riding!  It was a great time.  I had a blast enjoying a night out with my little cub scout, I know that eventually he will be wanting to hang with his friends and not mom on Friday nights so I soaked in every moment!














No comments:

Post a Comment