Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Morning

Christmas morning through the eyes of children is what it is all about.  Christmas Eve we set out cookies and milk for Santa and then put the boys to bed just before 9pm - bedtime was so easy being as Santa was coming and we needed to hurry up and get to sleep - and then once they were fast asleep Frankie and I got to work.  My dad brought over the awesome train table he built for the boys, we set up the train set, stuffed the stockings and unloaded the presents in front of the fireplace. Then it was off to dreamland as we knew someone would be up nice and early.  At 7:15am Christmas Morning I could hear the footsteps of our oldest, I woke up Frankie and said I hope you are ready cause here he comes.  About a minute later he come running through our bedroom door grabbed my and arm attempted to pull me out of bed while saying "Santa was here and I think he was playing"! We all went out in the family to find the gifts Santa left for us.  Of course we couldn't start opening presents until Mason was awake so Colton ran upstairs to wake up his little brother.  Daddy followed close behind him to help get Mason out of his crib and I went to grab the boys glasses of juice.  Once everyone was back to the family room we ripped through presents, played with the new train table and simply enjoyed a family fun Christmas Morning!  







4 comments:

  1. Your boys in matching jammies = most precious thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was quite excited when I found them (with them being 4 1/2 years apart it is a lot more difficult to find matching things) and I dont think Colton will tolerate this matching thing for much longer so I have to take advantage while I still can!!

      Delete
  2. This one made me tear up a lil bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweetness Mandy. Christmas morning is magical.

    ReplyDelete