Friday, December 07, 2012

What a day!

Today was a crazy day to say the least!  Woke up at 4:30 am to get ready for work - I usually don't get up until about 5:15 but this morning I had to drop Mace at daycare and then Frankie at the airport and still be to work by 7 am so getting us early was the only way to get it done  My brother come over at 6:15 to get Colton ready for school and drop him off for us as school doesn't start until 8 am which is long after I needed to be to work.  My work day was completely nuts... I won't go into details about work cause I know you don't care but we are slammed and OT has become the norm (46 hours total this week and I should be going in tomorrow morning for a few hours but with crappy roads I don't know if that will be happening)!  Oh yah, did I mention that it started snowing around 3pm - no major accumulation or anything but just the sight of even a flake seems to make people forget which pedal is the gas and which is the brake.  I left work at about 4:45 and it took me just over an hour to get to daycare (should only take about 25 minutes).  I picked up Mace from daycare, stopped at the gas station to fill my tank and then ran home to let the dog out before going to pick up Colton from Kindercare.   After picking him up around 6:10 we ran to Target as we were down to our last couple diapers and I knew we would need more before morning or I would have pray that he would all of sudden be potty trained (wouldn't that be nice).  On the way to Target my parents had called and invited the boys and I over for pizza... couldn't pass up the offer as I felt like I had been going non stop all day long and really wasn't looking forward to preparing a meal.  We enjoyed dinner with my parents and then it was back out into the cold to go home and relax.  By the time we got home and settled it was almost 9pm.  Where did the day go?  I put Mace to bed and then made a deal with Colton that he could have a slumber party with Mommy... he loves our slumber parties.  We are now hanging out watching a movie - Abominable Christmas (little weird but kinda cute at the same time).  It was a long day and I am more than exhausted but relaxing with my little man is gonna make it all better.  Here's to completing one week of blogging, hoping to have some exciting adventures this weekend so we have something fun to post about!!  

I can't have a post without a picture so here is one from last week sometime... Frankie and I were in the kitchen when all of a sudden Mace came riding out of the spare bedroom on Frankie's remote control motor cycle!  We couldn't really do anything but laugh, especially when he starting to wheelies on the bike.  Gotta love this kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment