Sunday, December 16, 2012

Cookies!!

My weekend was full of cookie baking with friends and family!  Friday night I had a cookie exchange with my girlfriends.  Each of us brought a batch of already baked cookies to share with everyone and then we spent Friday evening enjoying pizza, wine and laughs while making one batch of cookies together.  We made some fun snowman and reindeer cookies from Nutter Butter... no baking involved which was awesome. After a week of being a single parent while Frankie was out of town a night with some of the best friends I could ask for was exactly what I needed and I got to go home with some delicious cookies which made my boys very happy as well!  Here are the awesome cookies we made together, aren't we talented?!
Today we had our Annual Cookie Bake with Frankie's mom and his brother and family.  Our first Cookie Baking day was 5 years ago... only 3 kids involved - Eva who as 8 I do believe, Colton was only 18 months and his little cousin was 9 months... today we had 6 kids helping us (well the younger two didn't help much as Mason napped through most of it and the newest member of the crew is only 6 months).  It was so much fun to watch the kids cut out cookies, add sprinkles (pretty much drown the cookies in sprinkles) and then then run off and play together while we were left to do all the hard work and clean up!  We made Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies, Sugar Cookies and of course Chocolate Covered Pretzels.  This is such a fun tradition and I hope it continues for many years to come!


And a bonus perk to our cookie baking day... I got to enjoy lots of snuggles from my youngest nephew!  He is quite possibly the happiest baby ever and the perfect little guy to help me get my baby fix,  Love him!



No comments:

Post a Comment