Wednesday, November 20, 2013

It's a Wreath Takeover!

So like I have mentioned before, I don't know how to say NO!  When our Cub Scout Pack was in the need of a new Wreath Coordinator I quickly said "We can do it" (not sure why)!  So back in June I contacted our vendor to let them know that we would be selling wreaths through them again this year and set our selling dates, delivery dates and ordered our sales brochures.  Then in September I explained all the sales information to our Pack and our boys went out selling.  The boys did awesome - 17 Scouts sold wreaths and sold a grand total of 188 wreaths!  Now I told the Pack that the order forms were due to me by Nov 1st (knowing that there would be people that didn't get them in on time and I was right... two days later people were still dropping off their order forms but I didn't need to have the order in until the 5th so we were okay)!  It took me a couple hours to tally up each order form and compile it into one Pack order to submit to the vendor.  Luckily the last Wreath Coordinator was extremely organized and had this awesome spreadsheet already created so all I had to do was update the Scout Names and cost/retail pricing of each wreath and then enter each of the Scout orders to the spreadsheet.  I was so nervous I was going to miss some and not get the order right.   Not to mention all the money that I was holding onto now that I had all the orders in my hands (seriously, over $4000 cash in my house is too much for me to sleep comfortably and I was happier than ever when I was able to turn it over to the treasurer).    Well this week was delivery week.  The Vendor came last night and dropped off all our orders - all 188 wreaths were piled into our garage which meant our cars had to spend a couple nights outside which doesn't happen around here very often!   Tonight after the boys were in bed Frankie and I headed outside to sort the wreaths by Scout so that when they came to pick up it would be super easy.  It only took us about an hour to sort the wreaths into 17 separate piles and thankfully all orders were complete - I didn't miss any!  Tomorrow night the Scout Families will be coming over after the Pack Meeting to pick up their wreaths and can start delivering!    This really wasn't as bad as I thought it might be and I look forward to being our wreath coordinator for a couple years to come.... as long as Colton continues to enjoy Scouting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment