Friday, November 15, 2013

Really.... I mean, Really?!?

This week was a long one to say the least!  I was very busy at work so the stress was building a little more than normal.  And Frankie was in Utah on Wednesday and Thursday which meant I had to get the boys up and ready and off to school/daycare in the morning (which is a lot more work than just getting myself up and ready).   We had sports a couple nights during the week and I was starting to come down with a horrible cold.  Thursday nights traffic made me want to scream... what normally takes me 20 minutes took me almost 50 minutes.  Really, I mean really?  Yes the road curves, but it curves every day in that same spot so I don't think all three lanes need to come to a stop before we enter the slight angle to the left!    What is the deal with this week?  Well, we made it to Friday and I was very happy!  Frankie was back home which almost didn't happen, his flight from Utah was delayed by 35 minutes which means he was only going to have 25 minutes to catch his connecting flight in Denver - he made the flight with minutes to spare (he was the last person to get on as they pulled away from the gate about 90 seconds later)!  I got myself all caught up at work so I didn't have to worry about that over the weekend (or feel guilty for taking next Monday off because I have to burn up some vacation time)!  Friday evening I took Colton to Karate class and then afterwards we picked up Frankie and Mason and headed to Apple Bee's for dinner.  I was just too tired to even think about preparing a dinner so going out to eat seem like a good idea even though we knew Mason didn't take his nap that day and it might not be the smartest choice.  Dinner was going good, appetizers consumed and half of our entrees were eaten and then all of a sudden Mason stopped and gave us "the look". Oh crap, his stomach was hurting and this wasn't going to turn out well.  Frankie handed him to me and I quickly headed for the exit as the bathroom was way on the other side of the building.  We made it through the first door and then all hell broke loose.  It was like a volcano erupting... I was covered, he was covered and the front door to Apple Bee's wasn't exactly as clean as they would probably like it to be.  I got him outside and across the sidewalk where he continued to decorate the bushes.  Really, I mean Really?!?  You have got to be kidding me.   So now I am covered in his dinner and I have to somehow get Frankie's attention as Mason is freezing and I need to get the keys to get into the van. I finally get Frankie to look out at me and bring me my purse.   Also, you can only imagine what was going one inside when I left quickly with on kid and then minutes later Frankie leaves the building with my purse!  I am not sure they knew what to think as both adults had left without paying and there was a 7 year just sitting at the table eating still!  Ha, I guess when Frankie walked back in he heard them say, nevermind he came back!  Really, did they think we were going to leave our child there!?  Also when Frankie walked back in he said "You might want to get someone to clean that up, it is everywhere!"  I don't think we will be returning to that place anytime soon!    Anyways,  Mason and I head to the car where I stripped him out of his clothes, buckled him into his seat and cranedk the heat so he would stop shivering.  I on the other hand didn't think it was a great idea to strip down to my underwear in the parking lot, although I considered it, so I decided to ride home in my decorated clothes.   We got home and went right to the shower... I think I went through half a bottle of body wash trying to get "that smell" off of us!  I guess it was the only way end to my week but really, I mean really!  

No comments:

Post a Comment