Friday, November 08, 2013

My Current Loves

So I did a post like this about a year ago and I thought it might be fun to do my Top 10 Current Loves again ! Here is my list from last year... http://number1vikingfan.blogspot.com/2012/11/current-loves.html.

1.  My boys are of course my biggest love.  They keep me busy (see earlier post if you don't believe me), they drive me nuts, they make me laugh, they make me scream and want to hide in my room and drink myself silly, they show me love, they need me and more than anything I need them!  I can't imagine my life without those two crazy little guys in my life, they are my everything!

2.  My husband.  He also drives me crazy and makes me want to scream some days (must be where the boys learned that quality) but he is my rock and I am pretty lost without him. He has traveled a lot more this year and when he is gone I realize just how much I need him, especially after a long day at work and then crabby sassy boys all night.   

3.  Photography!  I am sure it is no surprise that photography is huge to me.  I rarely do anything without my camera (or camera phone) in my hand! I love to document all the fun that I am having as well as some of the craziness that happens in my everyday life.  I have started to venture out more with my business, doing many photo shoots this year. I have done everything from newborns, 3 month, 6 months, 9 months, 1st birthday cake smash, family, seniors, engagement and even took on the challenge of twin babies (my cousins boys)!!  I have had so much fun with every shoot and hope to continue to do many more in the future.  I am also lucky enough to have a great friend who is just as photography obsessed as I am so we are able to take classes together, be personal photographers for our friends and we will be shooting our first wedding together next May, EEK!

4.  I of course love food, who doesn't?!  Some of my current food loves are Salsa and Chips, Potato Corn Shower Soup, Monkey Bread, White Chicken Cheese Enchilada's and anything and everything with Buffalo Hot Sauce on it!

5.  My Current love TV shows include Big Bang Theory and just about anything on HGTV!  Why have I never watched this channel before?  House Hunters, Love it or List it, Property Brothers... all amazing shows and ones that suck me almost every night when I crawl into bed!

6.  My Bed!  We bought an Adjustable Sleep Number with build in massage this summer and it is wonderful.  The price of the damn thing almost made me pass out and it cause me a lot of heartburn and shaking of my head every time I though I about the price but I have to admit it is so worth it!  Frankie and I both sleep so amazingly well and we never wake up sore anymore.   We have always  been ones to watch some TV in bed at night and now we crawl in, prop up our heads and elevate our feet and we are so comfortable that we rarely make it through an entire show anymore!  Luckily the bed has a sleep timer so it will lay itself flat all on its own while we are fast sleep (and I never wake up when it adjusts to flat which I find rather amazing)! 

7  Candy Crush!  How am I still playing this stupid game?  I swear there are some nights that I will get sucked in for an hour or more - are you kidding me?!  This stupid game is such a waste of time but yet I can't seem to stop playing it!  I spend many of my lunch breaks sitting at my desk eating my lunch and playing this damn game on my phone.  So I am sure you wondering why I don't just delete the game?! Because I can't - that is why - I fear it might actually kill me or will cause something somewhere to blow up... yup the game has that kind of power!! 

8.  Grandmas.  It has been over a month since I said goodbye to my Grandma and I still cry when I think about her, see pictures of her or tell stories about her to my boys. The hardest part is knowing that she won't be here for Christmas this year which was her favorite holiday.  It won't be easy at all.  But I will say that I love that my boys have amazing bonds with both their Grandmas.  Most days they would rather be with one of their Grandma's than me!  It makes me melt to see them snuggle up with their Grandma and create that unbreakable bond and love that I have for my Grandma.  I grew up seeing my Grandma all the time... daily during the summer and several times a week during the school year and I do my best to be sure my boys have that same opportunity with their Grandmas!  Now we don't live next door to any of them like I did with my Grandma but we do live within 10 miles of both my mom and Frankie's mom and we make the trips to their house as often as possible even if it is just for dinner on a week night!  Now we also have a Grandma out in Vegas so it is a little harder to see her all the time but we have made a tradition of taking a trip out there to spend some time with them every winter, just one on one with no other family getting in the way!  The boys really enjoying staying with their Great Grandparents and I know it is something I cherish just as much.  We hope to continue this tradition every year... although we are still holding out hope that they decide to move back to MN so we can see them a lot more often!

9.  House Hunting.... or House Dreaming as it might more appropriately called right now!  We keep talking about "upgrading" our home.... to something newer with an attached garage and an open layout with a real kitchen so my chef of a husband can prepare meals for us and our friends and family!  We spend many nights sitting on the couch with our laptops searching through current home listings for the Southeast Metro!  That's right, we won't be moving very far from our current location (see #8 if you can't figure out why we wouldn't look at other communities in the Twin Cities)!  

10.  Blogging!  I have always had a love of blogging and this year is no different.  I love to be able to document what is going on in our life and it is so much fun to go back and read posts from the past.  There have been nights where I plop on the couch, pick a year and just read through all the posts and relive all the wonderful memories.  I hope I can continue to update this blog for many years to come (even though some weeks I can't find a free moment to blog). I have to admit that right now I am sitting in a school gym writing this post while Colton is learning new Karate moves - which brings me to another love - the ability to use the Hotspot on my cell phone so I have internet where ever I go!  What did we do before all this amazing technologies!?

Okay I think that wraps up my current loves!  


2 comments:

  1. You forgot a very important one...at least one that should've pushed Candy Crush off the list. I'll let you figure it out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My other current love is my awesome girlfriends.... would be lost without all of you guys!!

    ReplyDelete